Wednesday 18 February 2015

Review: Benefit Roller Lash Macara

OK there has been a lot of hype about this product, so I just had to get my hands on the latest edition of ELLE magazine, which comes with an exclusive and FREE 30g sample of Benefit's latest mascara - not currently available anywhere else.
Without further ado, let’s get on to talking about this latest release from Benefit cosmetics, the Roller Lash mascara which you may have guessed from the packaging (and just about every beauty lover mentioning it these last couple of weeks!) 
I would like to start off this review by saying how much I LOVE the packaging. 
      Both the mascara and box itself. The box is a pretty pink, with curly black writing, and the mascara carries a similar theme with a metallic pink lid and black tube.
When I first opened the mascara and saw the shape of the bristles I was instantly looking forward to giving this item a test. The bristles are very curly and not as extreme in comparison to a lot of other mascara's out there, potentially this could be a good thing (the whole 'less is more' rule). So as products go, I was pretty excited about trying it out.

The first coat I applied appeared to have a small effect but as the packaging promises, my eyelashes did have a small curl. I found that after applying a second coat (once the first coat had COMPLETELY dried) my eyelashes looked a lot darker and curled. Whilst this mascara does lift your lashes, I actually found that it's quite a sticky mascara which felt a little heavy, and made my lashes clump together.

If i had to rate this product, I'd give it a 7/10. I love the packaging!! I think this mascara works a lot better if either two coats are applied, or if it was to maybe dry out a little bit and used again in a couple of week’s time. I will still use this mascara, as I do like the effect it gives my eyelashes regardless of the clumping, however I would probably be a little bit disappointed if I was to purchase the full size version at full price. I reckon there are a lot more products out there, which can give better results for a lower cost.

I definitely think it is worth buying mini sized products, especially as this was only £4 (which is pretty good going for a Benefit cosmetic) plus that £4 also buys you a 500 page fashion magazine which is always a easy read. This product has received a lot of hype, and I think that can have an effect on people and make them feel like they have to have something (regardless of the price tag).

More Benefit products are available from https://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/
Please feel free to comment if you found this review helpful or if you have any suggestions for future blog posts!

Thanks for reading,

Yvette Marie xo
Instagram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment