Thursday 26 February 2015

Review: Anatomicals - We only want you for your body!

So the lovely people at Anatomicals sent me a couple of samples to trial! The first thing I'd like to shout about is, how much I LOVE this company!!
The products are fun, the packaging is bright, and colourful, and whilst I’ve read their slogans can be a little tongue and cheek I think they’re very witty! The staff are so so friendly, and all of their products are Paraben FREE, the list goes on…
Down to business – I was very excited to try out this face mask, and mostly because I love chocolate!  Some of the main ingredients are shea butter and cocoa which are always favourites of mine. Once I opened this up, I received the strongest waft of cocoa and this smell remained during application and after. Now this face mask is supposed to leave your skin feeling “calm, relaxed and radiant”, which, following a visit to see my friends who are all students felt like a necessity!!
The instructions are easy to follow - open up, apply to face and allow 10-15 minutes to dry, then apply a damp cloth and wipe off. It took a little longer than 15 minutes to dry, but this is probably because I was a little bit excited, and applied a generous amount. Whilst this mask usually retails for £1-£2 (if you shop around), you will get two uses out of one packet! Within 2 minutes my skin began to tingle, which meant I could feel the mask beginning to work, which is always good news! After washing off the mask, I would say that my skin felt softer, but there wasn’t a huge difference (noticeably anyway).
This product looks fun, smells great, doesn’t cost a fortune, but it also doesn’t appear to add much value either, so I probably wouldn’t buy this product (for myself anyway, if you have a friend who loves chocolate then this would make a great present)…6/10.
This is a little bit different to the usual face mask; it' a pre-moistened cloth (which I've not actually used before). It was really easy to use - Open the pouch, press the mask over your face, leave it work it's magic for 20 minutes, and if there is any excess liquid leftover this can be moisturized into your skin. Whilst I'm usually a bit dubious about these kinds of products, I found that it actually helped my skin, and I would be happy to use it again / recommend to a friend! If you're suffering from spots / a small break out, I would say that tea tree oil, in my experience, works best!! This item usually retails at £4 for two cloths, which is a little pricey considering it's only a 20 minute treatment, but it makes a nice treat. 8/10.












I love the concept of this, but the finishing result really does let the product down. 
Unfortunately ‘Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer’ just doesn’t quite work for me I’m afraid.
Like all products from Anatomicals, the packaging is fun, bright and colourful. After I removed all of my make-up, and washed my face I applied these (what can only be described as) under eye gel-like patches. Within 2 minutes my skin felt irritable, so I adjusted the area in which they were applied. After 30 minutes, as instructed, I removed the patches but didn’t notice any difference whatsoever. Whilst this product wasn’t a complete fail, it also wasn’t completely successful! I often have dark circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep, so was quite disappointed as I thought this could be a quick-fix solution. This product usually retails between £6-£7 for a pack of 3, unfortunately, I wouldn’t buy this myself. 4/10.















These were my favourite products!! The packaging looks bright, colourful and fun!
Both products are made from exotic ingredients, smelt great, and were pink! A lot of body scrubs that I’ve used recently have been brown, plain and bland, so it was nice to mix things up a bit. The scrub is very thick and grainy, and the shower gel was always quite thick. I've got sensitive skin, so a lot of products irritate my skin, however these two items done quite the opposite!! - My skin was left feeling very soft after use. These products usually retail between £3-£4 which is a little hefty, but the quality definitely represents the price! 10/10.

Anatomical products are available from http://www.anatomicals.net/aliens/
Please feel free to comment if you found this review helpful or if you have any suggestions for future blog posts!
Thanks for reading,

Yvette Marie xo
 
Instagram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment