Thursday 19 March 2015

Cosmetics on a budget - Pros & Cons!!

Cosmetics on a budget! All products featured in this post came to £4 or under, and were bought in person. Enjoy!


FACE - Essence now sell what appears to be a Maybelline Dream Matt Mousse dupe, but for £3.80 it (unexpectedly) delivers some awesome results! It's a full coverage foundation; however a generous is needed to achieve this! I would also advise that a large amount of moisturiser is required before and after use (if you don't already). I found that, although it is a smooth & mousse like texture, the product really dried my skin out.
LIPS - Spring/Summer 2015 is all about nudes and pastels, so i bought this lipstick from Essence and I love love love everything about it! I paid just £2.30, which is a great buy because this product can be ued both day & night! The texture feel great; A lipstick that doesn't dry out your lips, manages to add moisture and lasts more than 10 minutes!! If you're looking for something that's fairly pastel, but want to add a little bit of shine, then this Lip Butter Pencil from Collection 2000 is for you! Currently available in 4 different colours, and retailing at £2.99, which makes it an awesome buy!

EYES - I love this dupe of Benefit's 'Gimme Brow' Eyebrow Mascara from Essence, and at a RRP price of £2.49 what's not to love! I've not actually used Benefit's eyebrow mascara before, because it's such an expensive buy! But that doesn't mean I didn't spot some obvious differences. For one, the price in comparison to the real thing, the size of the bristles, and lastly the amount of liquid in one tube! After conducting a little bit of research, and testing this item from Essence, I don't think I'll need to buy Benefit's version! See the results below for yourself :) 
I managed to nab this eye shadow pallet in the sale for just £1 (originally £2), which means I paid just under 13p for 8 different colours!! Can you guess where from?...Primark! To make a smokey eye effect I used 3 different colours, and the back of my hand. By using a brush and applying the colours in a small circular motion, I was easily able to create this effect. If you don't want to break the bank trialling what brushes work best for you, then have a look online at different product providers & read reviews 
before actually hitting the shops.             










My favourite purchase from this budget post is a mascara from Primark (see below). I bought this black tube (top left) for just £1, which made my eyelashes very flat and clump together! BUT my trip wasn't a total disappointment; I bought this 'Lash Defining' Mascara from Primark for £2, which I would recommend to everybody! My eyes looked really bright and open, my eyelashes looked amazing & extra-long, and lastly, they didn't clump together. The perfect consistency. 
 Please feel free to comment if you found this review helpful, or if you have any suggestions for future blog posts!
Thanks for reading,

Yvette Marie xo
 
Instagram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment