Monday 13 April 2015

My Skincare Routine

Hi all, here is a little insight into my current skincare routine. Just thought I'd share this with you, as my next 3 blog post will be about caring for your skin. Enjoy x  

Lush Face Mask - Mask of Magnaminty - This face mask from Lush is perfect, and what's even better is that it's made from 100% natural ingredients (including peppermint!!). Best used to help assist in the fight again breakouts and eruption, and can be applied to both your face and back. It rids blackheads, and brings skin back to tip-top condition. Yes, Lush products can be a little bit expensive (£5.50 for 125g), but this item is made from a self-preserving formula which means that you actually have 4 months to use it all and still receive the same great effects as day 1!


Simple - Cleansing Facial Wipes & Toner - Both of these items feel great on my skin. The wipes contain 2 vitamins (Pro-Vitamin B5 & Vitamin E) and no articial colours / perfumes, so If you've got sensitive skin you can use these too! I use the wet wipes either in the morning or just before bed to leave my skin feeling refreshed and moisturised, and apply the toner after to keep my skin hydrated! Although wipes are £3 for 25 wipes, and the toner is £2.99 for 200ml, there are always shops that have Simple products on '3 for 2' or BOGOF deals, which gives you a chance to buy the product I'm going to talk about next... 

Simple - Rapid Action Spot Zapper - I was a little bit dubious about using this, because I've tried similar products in the past and they've not worked at all :( However, this is great! There is a silver ball at the top of the tube which allows you to rub the liquid over a spot (as soon as it appear) without too much waste! This also means that you don't have to use your hands to touch your face, saving irritation. The gel soothes redness and calms the breakout. Regardless of how much gel I've applied, my skin never feel too sticky / heavy. I would definitely recommend this to everyone! 

Nivea - Soft Moisturising Cream - I often find that the majority of moisturising creams make my face oily (which means that make-up doesn't stick) but now I've found this, I'll choose Nivea skincare products every time! Their products smell great, and make my skin super sot. The texture is the perfect consistency which makes it easy to apply and perfect for everyday wear! 
Garnier - Micellar Cleansing Water - I love this!! A recently launched make-up remover from Garnier which gently removes make-up, and also promises to cleanse, soothe and rehydrate the face, eye area and lips! I think this product is great, it can remove anything... Foundation, Mascara, even Glitter Lips (see previous post) It's fragrance free to suit all skin types, suitable for sensitive skin and requires no further rinsing! 

Lastly, (and potentially the most important) drink PLENTY of water, and eat lots of fruit & veg! Dehydration makes your skin look dry and wrinkly, however by dirnking loads of liquids this can easily be changed! Now for the science bit... Our bodies contain a lot of water, and our skin function as a protection barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. By keeping hydrated, you can help 'lock' moisture into your skin. As for for fruit & Veg, they contain powerful antioxidants that help to protect your skin from damager caused by day-to-day things such as pollution, sunlight and smoking which can lead to wrinkles and spots! The recommended guideline is a minimum of 5 portions a day!


Please feel free to comment if you found this review helpful, or if you have any suggestions for future blog posts!

Thanks for reading,

Yvette Marie xo
 
Instagram
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post - I came across your blog via twitter and so glad I did!
    I LOVE Lush products a little bit too much and they really do damage my wallet at times but so worth it!

    Being one with really overly sensitive skin Simple products were usually my go to products and still are for cheapness but I LOVE Origins a bit too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your lovely comments! Simple & lush products are my favourite, but like you said they can easily make a dent in your bank account :( x

    ReplyDelete