Wednesday 17 June 2015

Review: Collection - Long Lasting Lipstick

5/6 Lips - Collection have just released a new line of long-lasting lipstick in 6 Matte & 16 gloss moisture boosting shades. The magazine brand Company have conducted an online quiz, where you can find out what colour sums you up best, plus you'll also read a little description of what kind of personality you have (whether this is accurate or not, I'm not 100% sure!) Link is here: http://www.company.co.uk/beauty/what-lipstick-shade-is-right-for-you-quiz. My result 'Kylie (Jenner) Purple'...AKA 'Mulberry Burst', so off to Boots I went. I really hope you like this review, I love writing fun & simple posts like this the most! Enjoy, x 
*photo provided from Company*

I love everything about this lipstick!! EVERYTHING. I popped until Boots after work very briefly...I always try to leave ASAP; If I don't, my visit usually results in spending a ridiculous amount of time just pondering and admiring all cosmetics, when I really don't have the time or budget for that kind of shopping! Once I grabbed Mulberry Burst, I couldn't help but notice the amazing shades available. I wanted them all! There are some seriously nice colours out there, and the texture feels great too. I just can't believe they're on sale for just £2.99... This product is such good value for money!

Mulberry Burst is a lovely deep rosy purple colour, not too dark, but at the same time it's not bright enough to be tacky and tasteless. This colour looks matte, but at the same time it's so moisturising!! You can literally see tiny tiny spots where the moisture has risen to the surface. One thing that I would say before purchasing (and this is the ONLY flaw)... the colour swatches online do not represent the shade accurately, so definitely check out this product in store :)

Does this last? Well Collection haven't promised '24 hour wear' so it's hard to know what they consider 'Long-lasting' - this definitely lasts for a good few hours, which I think is a reasonable amount of time. If you're a few hours in to an evening or night out, you've probably top up your lipstick at least once by this point!

Want to know what colour will suit you? Then take the test from Company, and comment below. I'd love to hear what different kind of styles are out there!.. Alternatively, if you have any suggestions or ideas for future blog posts, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for reading,

Yvette Marie xo

Instagram 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love collection 2000 lippies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genuinely couldn't believe the quality for that price!

    ReplyDelete