Monday 3 August 2015

Bristol Animal Zoo!

Every couple of months, my partner Jordan & I plan surprise dates for each other. We most recently visited Bristol History Museum & Art Gallery (to which he'd never been) and it was actually really fun. Yesterday I was asked to get dressed and ready for 12 o'clock with absolutely no clues whatsoever! Hopefully, you'll like this post as much as liked the day! Enjoy, x

After catching several buses, we arrived at Bristol Zoo! I genuinely could not believe that 1) Jordan had actually come up with such a cool date idea; 2) How much he paid for the tickets. There is currently a deal on Groupon offering 50% off full price adult tickets, which meant that he paid a total of £14 as oppose to £28, a complete bargain!

The weather played a big part in the day; it wouldn't have been a total flop, but it would have definitely changed the mood if it was rainy. There were plenty of things to do (even for adults) which was why I enjoyed the date so much! I haven't visited the zoo in a while, and a couple of displays / installations had been update so it was nice to see all of the changes from the past 5 years! I would have loved to of seen a bigger range of animals (elephant, giraffes, or zebra) as similar attractions, which aren't the zoo, have these facilities!!

My favourite part of the day was a sea lion / seal talk. Throughout the day, the zoo put on talks & fees for each of the animals. I would definitely recommend to everybody that they attend at least one talk (I would have loved to of seen more, but we missed a couple when walking around). By attending a talk, you actually learn a lot more about the animal's welfare & dietary requirements; Plus, we were also able to watch a sea lion perform some amazing tricks! Whilst the sea lion puts on a show, the zoo keep is actually able to check if there are any problems / medical issues so no harm is caused to the animals!

I'm not 100% sure if any other zoo has an underground facility, but at Bristol you can walk under the giant sea life tanks to see the animals from underneath, which really gives you an insight to their behaviour (if they were in their natural habitat).

I didn't bring any lunch because I wasn't sure where we were going, and purchasing food at the zoo ended up costing RIDICULOUSLY amounts! I paid £4.20 for a sandwich, and it was £6 for a 'meal deal'. If we did buy the tickets full price and 2x meal deals, we would have spent a total of £40!! (Whilst we were on site). I noticed a lot of families had brought packed lunches to eat on the giant lawn area; this seems like a great way to save money, and it's probably easier to bring little snack foods to enjoy throughout the day.

I would recommend Bristol Zoo to everybody (I'm not biased, honest!). I think it's a fun place for anybody who is new to Bristol, a great day out for families, or for us, it made an awesome surprise date day!

If you've been to Bristol Zoo before, please feel free to comment how you found your experience. Alternatively, if you have a suggestion for a fun day out, i'd love to hear it!

Yvette Marie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment