Saturday 8 August 2015

The Cosy Club: Bristol

I recently ate out at The Cosy Club in Bristol on Corn Street. I had such a fun time, so I thought you should all hear about it! I'd heard some great things about this venue (and all its elegance), but I was also informed that the nightclub 'Rehab' used to be located at the property, so I was slightly confused as to what kind of restaurant this might be! Keep reading to see my full review, Enjoy! x
Venue - The building looks amazing from the outside, and from inside, Cosy Club have really made it their own. The place is flooded with natural light. We were seated on a giant tan coloured leather sofa. The menus have been placed in leather cases, there are vintage tassel(ly) lamps, wooden bench tables and (what looks like) marble flooring. Even the napkins provided match the Greece proof paper that your chips are brought out on - the feel of the place is very relaxed, friendly and 'cosy'. 

Service - I needed to change my reservation as an extra person joined me for dinner and this was no problem for the staff. My friends and I were greeted and sat at our table within a minute or arriving; And drinks (very reasonably priced drinks - £2.50 for a glass bottle of coke) were delivered quickly. The two waiters that served us for the evening were polite, easy going and super-efficient! Service was 10/10 and I still genuinely cannot believe that my food was so cheap for the style of venue; Or that I hadn't eaten there before - if anything I was slightly disappointed in myself, I pass this place almost every day so wish I'd visited sooner.

Food - I'm quite a (known) fussy eater so I'm always wary about eating out at a new place! I tend to study the menu for at least 10 minutes, if I haven't already done so online prior to arriving! Nobody likes having 'food envy', especially at a restaurant, but at the same time, I'm not one for venturing out to taste new foods and flavours. I ordered the 'Chicken Caesar Burger' - which was a Herb-marinated chicken breast, streaky bacon, Parmesan, cos lettuce, Caesar dressing and anchovies in a sourdough bun with fries. The waiter was very polite and kindly accepted my request to replace Parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing (mixed with anchovies) for a free flat giant mushroom. When the burger arrived to the table, it looked huge, the sourdough bread was really fresh and my chips were neatly coned into a china mug. I really didn't expect this amount of effort for £9.50, (certainly
not like something you're brought Harvesters...Don't get me wrong, I love harvesters).

Desserts - Desserts are my most favorited foods! It's one of the things that I really look forward to most when eating out (how exciting do I make myself come across?!). HOWEVER, the dessert menu at The Cosy Club was slightly disappointing; There was no mention of any chocolate, or a fruit crumble/pie - and it was £3.95 for frozen ice (sorbet). This doesn't mean to say that the desserts didn't look nice, but sometimes, I just want a little more variety!

I would definitely recommend food at The Cosy Club again. In comparison to restaurants around that area, you can actually receive a very good service / food for not a lot of money. Have you 'wined & dined' here? If so, please feel free to comment in the section box below! Alternatively, if you have a recommendation for another tasty food place, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for reading, 

Yvette Marie xo
Instagram 
 

1 comment:

  1. I walk past here all the time, but I've never gone in, it looks really nice :P

    www.sophierosee.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete